Nominations Open for the Maiden edition of the “Authentic Caring Employer” Awards, Celebrating Excellence in Workplace Mental well-being.
In Partnership with our awards collation partner, KPMG, and other notable brands, we are excited to announce that nominations are now officially open for the Maiden edition of the “Authentic Caring Employer Awards”, the first of its kind in Africa. This is your chance to celebrate and honor your organization or favorite Employer for their outstanding contributions to Employee Mental Health and Wellbeing. The awards, which is set to celebrate and recognize companies and individuals primarily in Ghana who have shown excellence in their approach towards positive mental wellbeing for their employees, will be launched at the EAP Africa Summit on October 12, 2023, at the Marriot Hotel Accra.
This awards scheme is open to workplaces that champion Employee Mental Health and Wellbeing.
ACE SPECIAL AWARDS
1. DEI CHAMPION OF THE YEAR – This award would recognize an Employer that has demonstrated a commitment to promoting and celebrating diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Specifically, the award measures the efforts made by an Employer regarding the accommodation of PWDs in the workplace, availability, and effectiveness of support systems for pregnant and nursing mothers, effective affirmative action policies and procedures regarding closing the gender gaps in employment as well as equity in recruiting and compensation of persons from difference, gender, age groups, races, ethnicity, and religion.
2. EMPLOYEE WELL-BEING CHAMPION OF THE YEAR: This award would recognize an Employer that has exceeded expectations in promoting the overall well-being of Employees through initiatives such as wellness programs, health benefits, and work-life balance policies.
3. MOST INNOVATIVE HR PRACTICE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR: This award would recognize an Employer that has been proactive and implemented innovative HR practices that have positively impacted on the workplace culture and the employee wellness and well-being experience.
4. BEST EAP TECHNOLOGY OF THE YEAR: This category recognizes the use of a product or technology which assists organizations with their workplace mental well-being programmes. The recipient may be in Ghana or outside Ghana and must be able to demonstrate how the solution supports mental well-being in the client organization(s), including the results and impact it achieved its user-friendliness as well. Products or technology could include but are not limited to physical products, courses, and technological products such as apps or Employee Assistant Programmes. Approved client testimonials will be required for this category.
ACE INDUSTRY AWARDS
This award would recognize Employers in the selected Industries who have developed and are executing workplace policies to protect, develop, and holistically care for their employees through effective mental health initiatives, healthy and flexible work environments, employee growth initiatives, job happiness initiatives, and promoters of good workplace ethics. More so, these employers observe best Employee well-being practices in line with their industrial standards.
5. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – FINANCIAL INSTITUTION
6. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – MEDIA
7. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – HEALTH
8. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – EDUCATION
9. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – TELECOMMUNICATIONS
10. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – FMCG
11. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY
12. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – MANUFACTURING
13. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
14. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – MINING
15. ACE ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR – ENERGY
Beyond the nominations, there will be an overall award for the AUTHENTIC & CARING EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR. This award would recognize an Employer that has demonstrated the highest exceptional commitment to creating a caring, supportive, and positive workplace culture that highly values employees’ well-being, growth, and development. Such an Employer should be able to demonstrate and foster a culture shift on the highest level amongst their staff creating an open and positive mental wellbeing environment. The authenticity of the employer’s duty of care is imperative to win the overall ACE Award.
Get Ready to Nominate:
Instructions for Nomination
Submissions are welcome from selected organizations’ CEOs HR Managers and their Employees. If you are a CEO or HR Manager, kindly visit the nomination section on https://eap-africa.com/the-ace-awards/, select a category of interest, and nominate yourself using the link for HR Managers. Additionally, share the employees’ responses link from the category of your interest to your staff via email and corporate WhatsApp group for them to also send their responses.
It is time to celebrate and recognize Employers who have impacted Employees and many others lives in creating Happy and Healthy Workplaces.
Please note that Nominations close on Friday, October 20
For media inquiries, sponsorship opportunities, or additional information about the Maiden edition of the Authentic Caring Employer Awards, please contact:[+233273800636, +233545662706]
KPMG, INVEST IN AFRICA, PAL-AFRIC, ICS AFRICA, GOVOX, MENTAL HEALTH AUTHORITY OF GHANA, GENERO, HR NETWORK AFRICA, CHIVALRY SERVICES, EAZYTAGG
Written by Supreme Healthcare Management Services Communications Team